Overview: The #GameOn Innovation Bootcamp 2023, organized as part of the SMART4FUTURE project, was a resounding success in fostering innovation and sustainability within the academic and industry spheres. This comprehensive event aimed at bridging the knowledge gap between industry and learners while promoting deep-tech entrepreneurial endeavours.
Participant Breakdown: The bootcamp attracted a diverse range of participants, totalling approximately 150 students, 12 industry guests, 13 college alumni, and 15 Griffith College staff. This diverse group comprised students, academic staff, and industry professionals, all converging for a unique and collaborative experience.
- Students: A significant portion of attendees consisted of Griffith College learners, bringing youthful enthusiasm and fresh perspectives to the event.
- Academic Staff: The presence of Graduate Business School educators and program directors added depth to the discussions, creating a nice blend of academic and practical insights.
- Industry Participants: The inclusion of Griffith College alumni, guest industry experts and interested professionals elevated the discourse, providing invaluable real-world perspectives.
Highlights: The bootcamp spanned three days, each offering distinct experiences:
- Day 1 (Oct. 3): A public event held at Griffith College Dublin Auditorium, featuring keynote speakers and industry guests. Attendees gained insights into sustainability, innovation, and deep tech in entrepreneurship.
Feedback and Future Engagements:
- Student Excitement: Current students expressed excitement about the prospect of the bootcamp becoming an annual event, reflecting the positive impact on learners. Multiple LinkedIn and social media posts about the out-of-class learning experience and encouragement that students received was notable.
- Industry Interest: The industry took notice of Griffith College’s commitment to innovation, leading to nominations and invitations to prominent conferences.